CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pumpkin Cake Dessert

Well, after being a thief for so long, and stealing all your amazing food dish ideas, I've been feeling extremely guilty and felt that I really need to give back. I don't have that many great recipes, but here are a couple of my favorites. I made this dessert the other day and Rachelle's Mom requested I post it. So here's to you April! Sorry, I don't have a picture right now.

Pumpkin Cake Dessert:

1 yellow cake mix
1/2 c. melted butter
1 egg
1 can pumpkin (24oz)
1 can evaporated milk
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs slightly beaten
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla

Topping:
3/4 of the cake mix reserved
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. margarine/butter melted

So basically there are three parts/ steps to this recipe - the bottom crust layer, the pumpkin filling, and the cakelike topping.

1. Mix 1/4 cake mix with 1/2 cup melted butter & 1 egg. Press this mixture into the bottom of 9x13 cake pan.

2. Mix pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, salt, cinnamon, & vanilla in mixing bowl. Pour mixture in pan over the bottom crust layer.

3. Mix together topping ingredients and sprinkle over entire pan evenly.

Bake for about 1 hour @ 350F. You can top with whip cream or have with ice cream. It's really good served warm or cold, and you should refrigerate any leftovers.

1 comments:

Rachelle said...

Attention readers: I've personally sampled this dessert and it is delicious!!! Thanks for the recipe Kaelene.