CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cranberry Walnut Muffins

I love muffins, but unfortunately I just don't make them enough. This is one of my favorite muffin recipes because it has cranberries in it and it uses Splenda. If you don't have Splenda, you can use regular sugar without any problems at all.

Cranberry Walnut Muffins:

1 1/4 c. Splenda
1 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2/3 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. melted butter
2 large eggs
1 tsp. grated orange zest
1/4 c. chopped walnuts
2/3 c. frozen or fresh cranberries

1. Mix dry ingredients.
2. Add buttermilk, butter, eggs, & zest to flour mixture.
3. Add walnuts & cranberries and stir until just blended
Bake @ 375F for 20-25 minutes or until you know they're done:)

A couple of ideas for you, because I never have buttermilk on hand I always use a little trick I learned from my mom. Just add a couple teaspoons of vinegar to regular milk, and you have almost the same thing. Also, if you're not a fan of cranberries you could easily replace them with raisins. I've also tried this recipe with dried cranberries and I just added a couple tablespoons of extra milk and it turned out great!

0 comments: