CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

Sizzlin' Szechuan Chicken

Sorry for the bad picture.



We have this dish fairly often. Aaron loves it and we rarely have leftovers. It is from a lowfat cookbook - so you can eat guilt free.

1. Marninate chicken for 10-30 minutes
2. Whisk together sauce ingredients. Set aside.
3. Over medium heat - add 1 tsp of sesame oil. Add chicken and stir-fry until opaque. Transfer chicken to a clean bowl and stir-fry veggies with the remaining 2 tsp of oil.
4. Return chicken the skillet and add the sauce. Cook, scraping up browned bits, until sauce thicken. About 1 minutes.
5. Serve over rice.

Marinade
1 T. soy sauce
1 T. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast cut into thin strips

Sauce
1 c. chicken broth
3 T. soy sauce
4 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (if you don't like spicy... you can reduce or omit this ingredient)
1 T. sesame seed oil, divided
Veggies
2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/8 " thick
1 3/4 c. coarsley choppen onions
2 small zucchini halved and cut in 3/4 " slices
(I never measure veggies...but this is what the books says)




4 comments:

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

I'm so excited to try this one out! It looks like I have all the ingredients, which is perfect. Thanks.

Tiana said...

I am dumb for looking at this blog at 11pm. That looks so delicious! Now I am hungry. I will have to make this soon too.

Tiana said...

I just made this tonight. Fantastic! It was a hit all around. I didn't have zuchini like I thought, so I used a summer squash instead, I think I prefer it! Next time I am thinking of adding some red bell peppers and water chestnuts as well.

treen said...

Good stuff! It was really mild compared to what we're used to for Asian food, but Summer ate it right up.

Rachelle, here's my email to add me to the blog - thanks! Looking forward to it, and I already have a couple of things to add (but no pictures because I didn't think about it until after we'd eaten - oops!) treen1026@hotmail.com