CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lemon Summer Pasta


This recipe I got from Elizabeth. We made it last year for Kent's birthday. Just shows what a good wife she is. She doesn't like asparagus or garlic. I do!

Tips: Whenever I am at the store thinking about making this dish, I always forget what cream I am supposed to buy. This last time I bought table cream. It cooked down alot better and CJ preferred it (a lot creamier). I can't remember the other creams I have tried. Light whipping cream once I think. Worked as well. The real recipe actual calls for less zest of lemon, but I love the lemony flavor, so I always grate in as much as I can get off my lemon.

8 oz cooked pasta
2 c. asparagus
2 c. summer squash and/or zucchini
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tbs butter
1/2 c. whipping cream
zest of lemon
salt to taste

Sautee veggies and garlic in butter til they reach your preferred tenderness (I like them to be a little crisp still). Remove veggies with slotted spoon, leaving any juices and garlic. Pour in cream and lemon zest. Cook down cream til 1/3 c. (just when it looks thicker). Then combine all ingredients including pasta and enjoy!

0 comments: