CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ground Beef Noodles in tomato Sour Cream Sauce



I like this as a variation on Beef Stroganoff. The tomato gives it a nice twist.

Tips: Whenever a recipe calls for butter, I use smart balance spread. Works just as good and tastes just as great, but it much better for you. I also used light sour cream which worked fabulous. As you can see by my picture, I used spiral instead of egg noodles. I didn't have egg noodles, but I think I will use them next time. The spiral pasta got soft too quick. Also, I used cans of V8 where it calls for tomato juice. 2 cans (soda size cans) equal 3 cups. I used low-sodium V8 and just added a pinch of Kosher salt and it was perfect!

Ground Beef Noodles in Tomato Sour Cream Sauce

1 1/2 c. minced onions
2 tbs butter
1 lb lean ground beef
3 cups egg noodles
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
3 c. tomato juice
2 c. water
2 tsp celery salt
2 tsp wortcheshire
1 c. sour cream
pepper to taste

In large skillet, sautee onion in butter til tender, add meat. Brown lightly. Add mushrooms. Place noodles over meat mixture. Combine liquids and seasonings and pour over meat and noodles. Stir and bring to boil. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Then add sour cream. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 min. Remove from heat. Let stand for few minutes, then serve.

0 comments: