CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Fruited Curry Chicken Salad


Sorry for the junk picture. I got this one from allrecipes.com and I liked it though next time I think I will definately boil and shred real chicken breasts. I used (4) cans of chicken which has more of a tuna fishy texture. But I thought the veggies & fruit gave it a refreshing crunch!



The woman who submitted this recipe, Karen L. Baker commented this is "A healthy and tasty chicken salad with a fruity twist - great on a croissant or in a honey pita. The salad is best if eaten the day after preparation. This allows the ingredients time to mingle, giving a fuller flavor."

INGREDIENTS
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and diced
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 small apple - peeled, cored and chopped
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/3 cup seedless green grapes, halved
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
3/4 cup mayonnaise
(A better picture, courtesy
of jupiterimages.com)

DIRECTIONS
In a large salad bowl combine the chicken, celery, onion, apple, raisins, grapes, pecans, pepper, curry powder and mayonnaise. Mix all together, tossing to coat. Salad is ready to serve!

1 comments:

kaelene said...

Hey Jackie, thanks for posting this. I remember this from the playgroup you did at your house, and loved it. I can't wait to try it now!