CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Oatmeal Muffins

This recipe was really for oatmeal coffee cake, and it involved raisins, but after reading a few reviews, I decided to switch it up. Like so many new recipes I try, I got it from Allrecipes.com. I served them at our Joy School meeting this week, and Jackie made me promise to post them on here. They were a big hit, especially with Ches, who would have eaten the whole batch if I let him.


Oatmeal Muffins

INGREDIENTS
1 1/4 cups boiling water
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Crumb topping: <1/4 c. flour, 1/4 butter softened, 1/4 sugar (white or brown, I did some of both). I think I will throw some nuts on next time as well.

DIRECTIONS
Pour the boiling water over the quick oats and let stand for 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin tin or use paper liners .
Cream the shortening with the sugar until light. Beat in the eggs. Then add the oats and vanilla, mixing well.
Combine the baking soda, salt , cinnamon and flour. Mix until combined.
Add the flour mixture to the oatmeal mixture and stir to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
Crumble topping over batter.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean.

1 comments:

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

I'm so glad you posted this! Rachelle and I were just talking about how you're so on top of everything! : )