CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Chicken Soup

Tuesday I woke up with a cold, and I remembered my sister once telling me that whenever anyone in her family gets sick she makes this chicken soup. So I called her, got the recipe and here it is. Tasty!


Chicken Soup

2 chicken breasts (I just used one huge one-musta been a big chicken)
6-9 c. water (depending on how much broth you want)
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 tsp salt
1 tbs chicken bouillon (or more if more water)
1 bay leaf
chopped carrots
chopped celery (as much as you want of both)
1 tbs parsley
1/4 tsp black pepper

Throw everything in a pot, bring to boil then simmer. ( I did it all day to bring out the flavors)
Take out cooked chicken, shred, then put back in.
Before you are ready to eat add noodles, let them cook til tender, and serve.
You can use whatever noodles you want, I used broken spaghetti.

2 comments:

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

For a little variation, my family likes to add minced garlic and ginger to taste. It justs adds a different flavor. Thanks for posting this!

Tiana said...

Ooo, I like the idea of ginger, I will try that next time.