CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Curried Chicken

This is a family favorite. It is my grandma's recipe. I usually add less lemon juice and more curry, because I like a strong curry taste. I will post her original recipe and you can shake it up as you like.


Curried Chicken

2 chicken breasts (again, I used just one ginormous one)
1 bay leaf
6 whole allspice
3 TBS butter
1/4 c. flour (heaping)
3 c. chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp curry
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt to taste

Boil chicken breasts with bay leaf and allspice for 20 min. Cool. Cut up or shred meat to bite-size pieces. Strain the broth and keep 3 c. In sauce pan, melt butter and add flour. Add the broth while using a whisk to keep from forming lumps. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir til thickened. Add chicken. Serve over rice.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Sometimes I go through cooking phases... like I cook something a lot and then I forget about it and don't cook it for a long time. Curried chicken is something we used to eat but haven't had in a very long time. I'm glad you posted it. Just as a side note - on the healthy side - I made the thickening w/o butter, just flour and milk and it works just as good and cuts some fat. Also - I like to throw in some veggies with the chicken while it is cooking. (Carrots and potatoes tonight)

Tiana said...

Also, whenever something calls for butter, I use Smart Balance instead. Works great and tastes great!