CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

South Western Chicken Salad

I am definitely making Ratatouille this week. Thanks Jackie. Aaron and I went out to eat on Friday and I had a delicious salad. I need to figure out how to make the yummy peanut sauce that was on it, but in the meantime, I am now in the salad mood so I am putting up a great recipe for South Western Chicken Salad. Like the Ratatouille, this recipe makes a lot. It's good for big groups. I never half it because I like it a lot and enjoy the leftovers.

1 lb. chicken - marinate in lime juice and chili pepper - chop into pieces
2 diced tomatoes
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1/2 red onion chopped
1 avacado diced
1and 1/2 cups grated cheese
8 cups of salad greens
Tortilla chips

Just mix it all together - including the chips and enjoy. (Obviously - don't mix the chips in all at once if you aren't going to eat it that day because they'll get soggy).
I use ranch dressing although the original recipe had some Chipotle dressing that was really good, but I have never found again. If someone finds it let me know.

0 comments: