CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mom's Pasta

My Mom always makes up great dishes, just by tossing stuff together that looks good. This is one of those. Whenever I make this, I make extra pesto sauce and use it all week on sandwiches. It is yummier and better for you than mayo!!
Mom's shrimp pastaIngredients:
Penne noodles
Pesto Sauce (recipe at the bottom)
shrimp
tomato's
Artickoke hearts
peppers
Whatever else you like. Pretty simple. Just cook the noodles and toss together with all the other igredients and pour pesto sauce over the top. Serve warm.

Pesto Sauce

3 cloves garlic
2 cups fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons pine nuts (pignolia) - (I use walnuts - much cheaper)
dash salt and pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
Just put all ingredients in your blender. Sometimes I add water if it ends up too thick.

1 comments:

Tiana said...

I finally made this, and it is delicious! On bread as well as pasta. I did make the mistake of microwaving it after it had been in the fridge and gotten thick. Oops, the cheese melted and made it look pretty nasty. Still tasted good though! I need to buy more basil and make it again.