CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Catalina Chicken

Anyone in the mood for a super easy, super low fat and super yummy dinner idea?? I thought so. My college roommate introduced me to this years ago and then a few months ago we tried it with a few additional ingredients and it is so good. Enjoy!!






Ingredients:

Chicken breasts
Fat Free Catalina salad dressing
Cranberry sauce
Onion Soup Mix pack

Toss all the ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for about 4-5 hours. I didn't put any measurements in because it is easily modified for the size you want to prepare. You just want the chicken breasts to be covered with sauce. When chicken breasts are tender shred them.... and serve over rice. This dish has about 2.5 grams of fat per serving!!! (If you looked at Trina's recent post that showed an appetizer from Outback Steakhouse coming in at 182 grams of fat - 2.5 grams sounds pretty good.)

4 comments:

Tiana said...

mm sounds super easy! I love that! So, what kind of a flavor is it? Fruity? Tangy? Those are 3 ingredients I would NEVER think of putting together. Low fat is always a bonus.

Rachelle said...

I don't know. I can't really explain it. I asked Aaron for a word and he said that he can't think of how to describe it either. I guess you'll just have to try it.

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

I love this recipe! Well, I haven't tried it yet but I can't wait to! It sounds yummy and like I can't possibly mess this one up. (knock on wood. : )

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Loved this! And this missionaries did too! I actually baked it for an hour because I don't own a crock pot and it turned out! I did about 7 small chicken breasts and all the ingredients coved it nicely.

Funny, I too can't place the taste. While it's distinctive, it is not as strong as you might think with all the different ingredients. : ) So good, thanks Rachelle!