CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Baked Spaghetti


This is a recipe that I first tried on spring break '01. Me my cousin and her roommates went to St. George, then Las Vegas for spring break. While we were in St. George we were staying at one of the girl's parents vacation house and so we had a full kitchen. Rachel (don't remember her last name) taught us this recipe, and it was so good that Maria (my cousin) and I were begging for it ever since. It took several years to finally get it from her (slacker) and then a couple more years for me to finally make it (bigger slacker). But yes, it was just as good as I remembered it. CJ said he preferred it over regular spaghetti. It does have cream of mushroom soup in it, and I usually try to avoid using that, but for this recipe I will make an exception. Sorry about the lamo picture. My kitchen really has terrible lighting for good pictures.

note: I halved the recipe when I made it, and you can see it still made a lot. I kind of guessed on the amount of spaghetti since I always just buy the big packs, and she didn't really say how much, and I also used a little more then half of the cream of mushroom soup. Oh and I used almost the whole jar of spaghetti sauce too. Also, depending on how bland your sauce is, you might want to season it up with garlic and onions. Mine was garlic , onion and basil sauce so I felt no need.

Ingredients:
cooked and drained spaghetti noodles
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
shredded cheddar cheese
2 small cans of sliced olives, drained
1 small package mushrooms, chopped
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 c water
1/4 c Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Sautee tomatoes, mushrooms and olives over medium heat for 5-7 min, add sauce while sauteeing if desired. Add rest of sauce when done.
2. Mix mushroom soup with water and set aside.
3. In large dish layer noodles, sauce, cheese, noodles, sauce, cheese, mushroom soup, and top with Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

0 comments: