CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Noodle Bowls



First of all...credit for this goes to my friend Rachel. She posted it on her blog but I loved it so much that I asked her if I could put it on our food blog for you all to enjoy. Secondly...just a note that I used totally different vegetables and chicken instead of beef so you can pretty much prepare it with whatever you have on hand. The sauce is what makes it. Yummy.



8 oz. linguine, uncooked
3 cups broccoli florets
3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups)
2 tsp. veggie oil
1 lb. beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
1/4 cup zesty Italian dressing
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 tsp. ground ginger

Cook pasta as directed on package, adding broccoli and carrots to the cooking water for the last 2 minutes of the pasta cooking time. Drain pasta mix. Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add meat; cook until browned on all sides, stirring occasionally. (I barbecue mine then continue the recipe!) Stir in dressing, teriyaki sauce and ginger; cook until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Toss pasta and meat/sauce in large serving bowl. I also add 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts for some crunch! This serves 4, so for larger families...may need to double!

0 comments: